The Master of Science (OSHM) Management are of applying the acquired specific knowledge and skills in decision making and solving management problems, and are well prepared to face the challenges of managing organizations in the current global business environment. This programme requires students to complete a dissertation in their field of study, in which students are examined based on their ability to apply and integrate the knowledge in specialized areas. The dissertation also allows them to further enhance their analytical, communication and writing skills.
Admission to Master of Science can be granted based on the criteria specified below:
- A bachelor's degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the University Senate with a CGPA of at least 3.00; and fulfil the English language requirement as set by the University Senate.
- A bachelor's degree from Universiti Utara Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the University Senate with a CGPA of at least 2.75; and have at least two (2) years of relevant work experience; and fulfil the English language requirement as set by the University Senate.
Student admission is subjected to the fulfilment of specific requirements set by the respective Graduate Schools and programmes.0.05 point will be added to the current CGPA for each year of relevant work experience, if the Postgraduate Committee believes that the candidates have the potential to be admitted. The adjusted CGPA should not, however, exceed the total CGPA of 3.75.
International applicants should meet any one of the following English requirements before they are accepted for admission into the programmes. Students must obtain:
- Minimum score in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- 550 in the TOEFL Paper Based Test; or
- 213 in the TOEFL Computer Based Test; or
- 80 in the TOEFL Internet Based Test; or
- Minimum score of 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or
- A degree from any English Speaking Countries (i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States of America).
- A degree from any Country with English Language Education System (i.e. Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Island, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guam, Guernsey, Guyana, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts & Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S Virgin Islands, Uganda, United Kingdom, USA, Zambia, and Zimbabwe); or
- A degree from any Local Public Universities, which English is the medium of Instruction.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS
The cost of higher education is increasing, either due to inflation or other economic factors. As such, with the increasing cost of education and the demand of higher education, education scholarships and study loans becomes an essential. Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM), the eminent management university, award assistantship to qualified candidates, especially those who register for Ph.D. and masters degree by full research at UUM. The financial assistantships for UUM Postgraduate students are as follows:
Universiti Utara Malaysia Assistantship Scheme
- Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (CAS/ COB/ COLGIS/ CEDI/ IMBRE/IPDM/NCRC)
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) Scheme
- Doctoral Research Officer Scheme
- UUM Vice Chancellor Scholarship Scheme
Others Financial Assistance:
- MyBRAIN15 (MyPh.D/ MyMASTER/ Ph.D Industry) under the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia (MOHE).